- Japanese (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- French (Intermediate)
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Kyoto University, 2021
- Visiting student, EPFL, 2019.6-9
- M.S. Architecture, Kyoto University, 2018
- Visiting Student, MIT, 2017.1-3
- B.S. Architecture, Kyoto University, 2016
- Assistant Professor, Kyoto University, 2021-
- Architectural Design
- Structural Optimization
- Computational Morphogenesis
- Data analysis
- Reinforcement Learning
- AIJISA Young Presentation Award, 43rd symposium on Computer Technology of Information, Systems and Applications, Architectural Institute of Japan (AIJ), Dec. 11, 2020.
- Best student paper award, Asian Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization (ACSMO), Nov. 23, 2020.
- 1st prize, International Student Competition in Structural Optimization (ISCSO), Dec. 15, 2019.
- Best presentation award for young researchers, Annual Convention of Architectural Institute of Japan (AIJ), Nov. 26, 2018.
- Highest prize, the structural design competition in the symposium of Subcommittee on Computational Morphogenesis, Oct. 19, 2018.
- Honor Prize (master thesis), Kyoto University, Jun. 21, 2018.
- Best 100, SDA Award, Nov. 17, 2017. →See this project.
- Best presentation award for young researchers, Annual Convention of Architectural Institute of Japan (AIJ), Oct. 16, 2017.
- Best presentation award, the symposium of Subcommittee on Computational Morphogenesis, Oct. 28, 2016.
- Honor Prize (diploma design), Kyoto University, Feb. 17, 2016. →See this project.
- Kazuki Hayashi, Makoto Ohsaki. Reinforcement learning for optimum design of a plane frame under static loads. Engineering with Computers, Volume 37, pp. 1999-2011, 2021.
- Shaojun Zhu, Makoto Ohsaki, Kazuki Hayashi and Xiaonong Guo, Machine-specified ground structures for topology optimization of binary trusses using graph embedding policy network, Advances in Engineering Software, 2021.
- Kazuki Hayashi, Yoshiki Jikumaru, Makoto Ohsaki, Takashi Kagaya, Yokosuka Yohei, Discrete Gaussian curvature flow for piecewise constant Gaussian curvature surface, Computer-Aided Design, 2021.
- Hiroto Ota, Takuya Ito and Kazuki Hayashi. Design review system with “Live AHP” to visualize and share jury’s own decision evaluation. The AIJ Journal of Technology and Design, Volume 27, Number 65, pp. 562-567, 2021 (in Japanese).
- Kazuki Hayashi, Makoto Ohsaki. Reinforcement learning and graph embedding for binary topology optimization under stress and displacement constraints. Frontiers in Built Environment, 2020.
- Kazuki Hayashi, Makoto Ohsaki. FDMopt: Force density method for optimal geometry and topology of trusses. Advances in Engineering Software, Volume 133, pp.12-19, 2019.
- Makoto Ohsaki, Kazuki Hayashi. Force density method for simultaneous optimization of geometry and topology of trusses. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, pp.1-12, 2017.